IAS Application Form 2018- Apply for Civil Services Examination 2019
The application form for IAS exam 2018 will be available in February 2018. The applicants have to apply online from the official website. Lakhs of applicants apply for the examination every year. The applications will be accepted only through online mode, any other mode will not be accepted. The application procedure of Civil services examination is divided into 2 parts- Part I & Part II. To confirm the candidature, the applicants must have completed both the parts of application procedure successfully.
|Events of Civil Services Exam 2018||Prelims||Mains|
|Publication of official notification||7th Feb 2018|
|The last date to submit application forms||6th March 2018|
|Issuing of admit card||May 2018||Nov 2018|
|Exam Date||3rd Jun 2018||1st October 2018|
|Results declaration||Aug/Sept 2018||Jan/Feb 2019|
Age Limits & Number of Attempts
- The applicants must have aged between 21 to 32 years as on 1st August of the examination year.
- This age limitation may vary from category to category.
- For OBCs, the upper age limitation is 35 years.
- For SC/ST, the upper age limitation is 37 years.
- The upper age limitation is relaxed only for certain categories.
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 AttemptsSC/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
IAS Application Form 2018- Civil Services Examination
The applicants need to visit the official website to fill the application form. They are advised to check all the eligibility criteria before they start application procedure.
Application fee details
The applicants will have to pay Rs. 100/- as application fee (SC/ST/PH/Female applicants are exempted from application fee). The application fee can be paid in online or offline mode.
- Online mode– In online mode fee can be paid through net banking of SBI/State bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Offline mode– In offline mode fee can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI. For offline mode the applicants will have to take the print out of system generated challan during Part I registration.
How to fill IAS Application Form 2018?
- Log in to the official website of UPSC and search a link for “Application Form”.
- Once you get the link, click on it and application form window will be opened consisting of 2 stages registration- part I & Part II.
- You need to click on Part I registration & fill all the details as required in the application form.
- Once all the details are entered, you have to click on submit. On submission, a registration ID will be generated.
- Now the applicants will have to proceed with Part II registration by using registration ID generated during Part I registration.
- Here you have to choose the examination you want to appear for.
- Now upload the scanned images of your photograph & signature in the specified format.
- Also, pay the application fee as mentioned in the website.
- On successful completion of the application fee, the registration process will be completed.
- The applicants can take down the print out of their online submitted application forms for future reference.