Gorakhpur University has introduced a course on ‘Rastra Gaurav, Environment & Human Rights studies’ to promote the past glory of our nation in the mind of budding students .
2. Recess/Assembly/Tutorial Period :
We have introduced Recess/Assembly/Tutorial Period in our Science, B.Ed., Commerce and P.G. Classes time tables. We are in the process to introduce this programme in other faculties also .
3. IQAC Committee :
Internal Quality Assurance Cell headed by Prof. U.P. Singh, Vice-President of Managing Committee has been constituted to tone up the functioning of the college. Total 32 Committees have been constituted to gear up the college functioning .
4. Yoga Centre :
Our students and teachers participate in Yoga Centers run by our management at Gorakhnath Temple as well as at our college. Dr. Akhand Pratap Singh, Lecturer in Education of our college is trained in Yoga and gives training to desired students and staff members. The tension, anxiety and other related problems are removed and students/staff feel healthy, fresh and smart. Km Upasana Singh helps in this work.
5. ‘Founder’s week’ and ‘Death Anniversary’ Functions :
Our staff members and all the students of the college gather and participate in the ‘Founder’s Week’ closing function on 10th December every year and also in the ‘Death Anniversary Week’ closing function of Late Digvijay Nathji, Mahant of Gorakhnath Temple, founder of trust Maharana Pratap Shiksha Parishad, Gorakhpur and founder of our college. In these function all sister institutions participate and interact in academic cultural and sports activity.
6. Social Responsibilities and Citizenship Roles:
Our management has created a platform where various academic and social practices are shared. A big library hall, a committee room in the college and a huge hall at Sri Gorakhnath Temple are the places of these healthy practices .
7. Fresher’s ‘Welcome Party’ and ‘Farewell Party’ are organized by students to strengthen the brotherhood and interaction. We support and help them .
8. A Health Centre for students aswellas college employee has been established. Dr. J.K. Mishra of Guru Gorakshnath Chikitsalaya, Gorakhpur visited the college on every Saturday between 12.00 Noon to 02.00 PM .
9. Day Care Centre- The College has a Day care centre with a part time qualified Doctor. In the case of severe cases the student and staff are entitled to use the services of Sri Guru Gorakshanath Hospital a well equipped, bedded Hospital run by college trust.
10. Homage to Late Digvijay Nathji- The staff and students of all sister institutions and three dozen affiliated institutions of Gorakhpur & Maharajganj District run by M.P. Shiksha Parishad, Gorakhpur gather at the Gorakhnath Temple Auditorium Hall to pay Homage to Late Digvijay Nathji, Mahant of Gorakhnath temple and founder of our college on Ashwin Krishna Tritiya every year .
11. N.S.S.Volunteers of our college were deputed to control the crowd and help in maintaining law and order in ‘Makar-Sankranti Mela’ on 14th/15th January at Gorakhnath Temple, religious peeth of our institution .
12. A community feast for more than 250 people is hosted by our college on 10 December every year.
13. Tea Club- During Recess/Tutorial/Assembly period of the Time-Table our teachers organise ‘tea-club’. During this period the teachers interact and discuss a lot of things related to academic, social, cultural, moral and aesthetic spheres of life.
14. Educational Tours – Tours for the students are oraganised in M.A. Ancient History Archeology & Culture, Geography, & Defence Studies Departments.
1. A tour in Ancient History Department was organised on 03 rd – 04 th of March, 2012 to Lumbini in Nepal (The birth place of Buddha) & other nearby places
of religious an historic importance. Total 50 students (23 girls and 27 boys) participated in the tour. The Tour was headed by Dr.(Smt.)Geeta Dutt & Dr.
2. A tour in Geography Department was organised from 24 December 2012 to 01 January, 2013 to Haridwar, Dehradun & Mussorie. In all 36 students (10 girls
and 26 boys) participated in the tour. The tour was headed by Sri Bhagwan Deo & Dr. S.P. Singh .
15. Digviaji Nath Memorial Lecture Series- organised on various social, cultureal and educational issues in order to inculcate human values among the students. Eminent personalities from various disciplines are invited to deliver lecture on this occasion.